Sunday, December 28, 2014

First Stop: New York!

      So this trip I am really going to try and keep up with a blog. Im starting this trip in New York for a couple of days relaxing with family,eating great food, and just putting together the finishing touches for my four and a half month adventure...
      I arrived in New York two nights ago at my aunt's house only to be greeted with a delicious plate of leftover arancini, manicotti, and sausage. Nothing like a home-cooked italian meal to say Welcome to New York! 
      Yesterday morning I woke up early, showered, devoured a bagel, and then I was off to the mall to pick up some last minute things for my trip. First I hit Target and snagged an awesome day bag on clearance ($6!) for while I am sightseeing, some medical tape for my toe that I broke yesterday (awesome timing, I know), and another bathing suit because it's summer in Thailand and Africa and two bathing suits just wasn't going to cut it. A huge thank you to my lovely sister for the Target giftcard I got for Christmas:)
      Next I headed to Bed Bath and Beyond where I got some luggage locks, a waterproof phone case, and a new travel pillow for my two 20+ hour flights (an absolute essential) 
So at the end of the day I feel like I finally have everything I need for my trip. Now the next few days will simply consist of eating as much american food as possible, relaxing, and trying not to further damaged my already damaged toe haha


No comments:

Post a Comment