Sunday, January 18, 2015

Batu Caves and Heli Pads

So far Malaysia hasn't disappointed, other than my money and phone being stolen haha But it really is a beautiful and amazing country.

So I checked in at the Reggae Mansion hostel in Kuala Lumpur and if anyone is ever looking for an amazing and cheap place to stay while backpacking, this is the place! It is absolutely immaculate, has great wifi, free breakfast, rooftop bar, and all for a price of $15 a night! I have met some pretty cool people as well. My first night here I met two Aussies, Lisa and Charlotte.


My first night in KL we mostly hungout at the rooftop bar and played some pool with some of the other people staying at our hostel.





The next morning Charlotte and I grabbed a train at the Masjid Jamek station, conveniently located right next to the hostel, and we headed up to the Batu Caves.


They are a series of caves that are home to a beautiful Hindu temple,an extremely large statue of Lord Murugan(whom the temple is in honor of), and also lots and lots of monkeys. Seriously though I thought people were exaggerating when they said the temple was overrun by monkeys...they were not exaggerating hahaha














There was also quite a few stairs that you had to climb as well to reach the caves, so we walked and walked and walked anddddd we FINALLY reached the top!


The whole day was just awesome and we grabbed some Indian food for lunch, got some henna, and then headed back to the hostel.














We had heard that there was a bar near our hostel that served as a working helicopter pad during the day but turned into a bar at night so obviously we had to go! Now, this was a HUGE push for me being that I am absolutely terrified of heights! But it was definitely worth it, we had an amazing view of the entire city, including the Petronas Towers. It was breathtaking, and the drinks weren't too bad either :)









So far on this trip I have been on two amazing rooftop bars and haven't fallen yet haha Guess my fear of heights is getting a little better!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment